Friday, August 29, 2008

A Message To PUMA(S)

I haven't had much to say about the die-hard people who call themselves PUMAs so far in this campaign. But the Democratic Convention is over now. Barack Obama is the nominee of the Democratic Party. It is time to make your decision.

I can understand the disappointment that people have when their candidate does not make it to the top. My candidate didn't either. I was a die-hard Bill Richardson supporter. I not only supported him on this blog, but I also sent him my hard-earned money. But it was not to be. The Democratic Party made a different choice, and I will support and vote for that choice -- Barack Obama.

Hillary Clinton ran a great campaign, but she lost. She has now climbed aboard the Obama bandwagon because she is a good and loyal Democrat, and so is her husband Bill. She has made it very clear that this election is far too important to cling to a "cult of personality".

This country cannot afford another four years of the Bush/Cheney policies. We now have a choice between Barack Obama and John McCain. Hillary Clinton has told us that anyone who supported her positions in the campaign must now support Obama. She has said that to vote for McCain is to vote against everything she believes in and was fighting for.

If you are ready to vote for John McCain at this point, then I have to wonder if you were ever truly a Clinton supporter. How can you claim to be a Clinton supporter and then vote against everything she fought for? Did you really just vote for her because she was a woman? Did you really not care what her beliefs were?

I admire the true Democrats who supported Hillary Clinton, and I congratulate you on a hard-fought race that went down to the wire. I know you will do as she asks and support and vote for Obama for the good of our country and its citizens.

As for you PUMAs, I have think you are really just Republicans or very sick people. You are willing to sell your country out to salve your "sour grapes" mentality. Hillary Clinton proved to be a class act -- but you are just pathetic.

2 comments:

  1. As a Hillary supporter, I am calling my vote a 'vote against McCain', not really a 'vote for Obama'. I was glad he mentioned some specifics in his acceptance speech, but I really expected more from him, especially after the great job Hillary and Bill did- maybe Biden's lackluster speech Wednesday night caused a slight lull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can respect your "vote against McCain".

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.