Thursday, September 11, 2008

TSA Gets New Uniforms

Today marks a change in airports all over the country. Today the Airport Screeners will begin wearing their new uniforms. Oops, I forgot. We're supposed to call them Transportation Security Administration Officers now. They were insufferable enough in their old uniforms. I can imagine what they'll be like now that they're dressed like police officers.

The federal security director at DFW Airport said, "On September 11th , every officer will begin wearing their new uniform and badge. TSA is introducing uniforms more reflective of the critical nature of their work and of the high standards our officers must uphold to keep over 2 million passengers safe every day."

I just don't buy it. These are SCREENERS, not peace officers. When a peace officer is needed or an arrest must be made, the police are called and that's as it should be. I don't have a problem with these people screening luggage and passengers, but I don't see why they must be dressed as something they're not.

I think our Republican leaders would be happy to put all federal employees in nice shiny uniforms to fit their impending police state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.