Monday, February 23, 2009

Censure Leo Berman


It seems like East Texas' favorite racist legislator has put his big foot in his mouth again. Leo Berman, the Tyler Republican representative, got into an argument with a Chinese-American lawyer from Dallas after presenting his proposal to make all illegal immigrants move to "sanctuary" cities.

The attorney, Harry Joe, practices immigration law, and told Berman the proposal was evil and looked "like a bill the Nazis would have passed". He said Berman was despicable. Joe later apologized for his remarks.

But Leo Berman seems proud of his over-the-line remarks. Berman told the attorney to go back to China, and to kiss his ass. Berman has refused to apologize for the remarks, but that doesn't really surprise me. Berman has been proposing racist laws and making racist remarks for many years now, and has never been known to apologize for them.

Frankly, I think he's guilty of inappropriate behavior for a state representative. I believe it is time for the Texas House to censure him. He needs to be publically admonished for his behavior, and I'm not the only person who believes that. There is a new website that has been established by over a dozen bloggers (including yours truly) called CENSURE LEO.

I have linked to the blog, both in this post and in my links labeled "good blogs". I urge readers to check the blog out, and hopefully sign the petition calling for Berman's censure. I also urge the people of Tyler to replace this fool in the next election. Elect a Republican, if you must, but please make sure he's not a racist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.