Friday, January 22, 2010

Bachmann Ladylike ? Never !


Last Wednesday, two very mismatched people appeared on the same radio show in Philadelphia -- Sen. Arlen Specter, one of the most moderate and soft-spoken men in the Senate, and Rep. Michele Bachmann, an ultra-right-wing teabagger who wouldn't know the truth and good manners if they hit her square in the face. I'm not surprised that a little fur flew that day.

Like the gentleman he is, Sen. Specter allowed Bachmann to speak and make her (misguided) points. Bachmann did not return the favor. She continuously interrupted the senator and would not let him finish his thoughts. Like her teabagging brothers and sisters, she obviously thinks the loudest and most obnoxious person is the winner in any debate or discussion -- good manners and decent behavior be damned!

Finally, Sen. Specter asked her to act like a lady. He did not say she wasn't a lady. In fact, he said she was a lady, and should act like one. Of course, this has Republicans and teabaggers all upset. They are incensed that the Teabagger Queen had actually been gently chided about her unladylike behavior.

I appreciate the senator calling her on her bad behavior, but I have to admit that I didn't know he was such a believer in impossible dreams. I don't know how this woman was raised, but someone forgot to teach her how decent people act in polite company. She's not a lady, and I don't think she would have a clue about how to act like one. She's a lying, racist, obnoxious, teabagging buffoon, and to expect her to act like anything but that is truly an impossible dream.

I can't believe her constituents in Minnesota are not dying of embarrassment after sending her to Washington more than once.

(NOTE -- Bachmann is in one of the pictures above. I'm not sure which one.)

7 comments:

  1. The previous Two Minutes Hate was brought to you by the Democratic National Committee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. It's just my opinion, and I'm not a Democrat -- just a leftist who believes members of Congress should be honest and actually try to help the people. Bachmann wouldn't know how to begin to do either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you actually listened to the exchange between Specter and Bachman? Here's a link to it.

    After listening to that, can you seriously perceive Specter as anything but the pompous, overbearing man that he is?

    As for my analogy to the "Two Minutes Hate" in the novel :

    "The film becomes more surreal as it progresses, with Goldstein's [here Bachman's] face morphing into a sheep [here some kind of vampire] as enemy soldiers advance on the viewers, before one such soldier charges at the screen, machine gun blazing. He morphs, finally, into the face of Big Brother at the end of the two minutes. At the end, the mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted viewers chant "BB" over and over again, ritualistically."

    The only thing that's missing is the Bachman/Vampire morphing into President Obama, with everyone chanting, "Mmm, mmm, mmm, Barack Hussein Obama."

    "...attempting to whip them into a frenzy of hatred and loathing..."

    She's a lying, racist, obnoxious, teabagging buffoon...

    I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stand by my description of your hero Bachmann, and consider it to be accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree..some people wouldn't know class if it bit them in the ass..so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listened to it, it sounds like her and the host don't know how to take turns while talking. It's supposed to be more like a cb radio, not a party line.

    I would also have to subject myself to the whole interview to see what led up to him getting fed up with being interrupted. I don't think I can handle anymore of that than I already listened to. All three of them were annoying.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.