Friday, February 12, 2010

Kennedy Will Not Run For Re-Election


This comes as a surprise to me. Patrick Kennedy has announced that he will not seek re-election to Congress in the upcoming election. That means for the first time in over 60 years there will not be a Kennedy serving the country on Capitol Hill.

The congressman has taped an announcement that will be aired on Rhode Island TV stations next Sunday night. In the announcement he says, "Now having spent two decades in politics, my life is taking a new direction, and I will not be a candidate for re-election this year."

He goes on to thank Rhode Island voters, who continued to elect him by large majorities even when he had troubles, by saying, "When I made missteps or suffered setbacks, you responded not with contempt, but compassion. Thank you for all the times you lifted me up, pushed me forward."

There is no word yet of who his replacement might be, or what Kennedy will be doing after leaving politics.

2 comments:

  1. wow..we're fucked...if all the kennedy's have deserted the party..what's left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There is no word yet of who his replacement might be, or what Kennedy will be doing after leaving politics."


    My guess is that NASCAR won't be offering him a job anytime soon. :)

    Like father, like son.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.