Friday, October 15, 2010

Beans And Cornbread ! Yum !

If you're a lover of beans and cornbread (and you live near or in Amarillo) then you're going to enjoy this news.   The Amarillo Democrats are trying to raise a little money, and they're doing it by having a beans and cornbread supper.   Here are the particulars:

Beans and Cornbread Meal
Saturday, October 16
7:00pm thru 10:00pm
Carpenters Union Hall
702 S. Madison, Amarillo
$10.00 per person
(There will also be a silent auction)

I urge all my readers to come out and partake of some great food, bid on some neat items, and help the Democrats make a little money.   I know I'll be there.

And if any of you local readers of this blog have been waiting for a chance to tell me how much you like (or hate) this blog, come on out and look me up -- I promise to listen.   I'll be the one with a big smile on his face, because I do love me some beans and cornbread!

9 comments:

  1. Its all u can afford in the Obama economy Well there is rice and beans

    ReplyDelete
  2. This economic mess was caused by the trickle-down nonsense of Reagan-Bush. Obama is just trying to fix it (although I will admit he could be doing more).
    And I would eat beans and cornbread in even the best of economies - it's just damn good food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had a kabillion dollars I'd still eat corn bread and beans..wish I was there for some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "Obama economy?" According to recent reports, the Obama economy has gained more in two years than the Bush economy did in ten, probably because it was downhill all the way.

    Luv veans and cornbread - as long as there's no sugar in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YDG-
    I wish you could be there, too.

    tnlib-
    Absolutely - no sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good good…this article deserves nothing …hahaha just joking :P …pleasant put up :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that's a tempting picture. I can't' make it to the meal down in Texas but I will make beans and cornbread for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the invite, Ted. I had a great tme; the beans and cornbread were delicious, and the conservation was stimulating - we managed to disgree without being disagreeable. It was great meeting you in person, too.

    But the real highlight of the evening was emerging from a room full of Democrats with my skin intact! Of course, it did help that only you and the guy sitting next to me knew that I'm a (sotto voce) conservative!

    Thanks again, Ted. It was a unqiue experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks CT. The food was good and I really liked meeting you. i also enjoyed our extended conversation. We'll have to do it again sometime. There's no reason why people with different political beliefs can't get along.
    P.S. I'm sure the Democrats appreciated your $10 donation.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.