Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Older Women Are Hot Too !

I'm going to depart from the usual brand of politics I normally discuss on this blog to discuss something else. I guess you could call it sexual politics. And the question of the day is this -- can an older woman look as hot as a younger woman?

The lady in the picture above is British actress Helen Mirren. Recently an L.A. Fitness gym chain commissioned a survey to find out who had the best body, and 66 year-old Mirren won the title for Female Body of the Year. She received 17.65% of the vote to give her the first place finish by a significant margin. Elle MacPherson finished in second place with 10.6% of the 2000 people surveyed. Here are the top ten females:

1. Helen Mirren..........17.65%
2. Elle MacPherson..........10.6%
3. Kelly Brook..........8.35%
4. Jennifer Lopez..........6.6%
5. Cheryl Cole..........5.35%
6. Myleene Klass..........4.2%
7. Holly Willoughby..........4.1%
8. Pippa Middleton..........4.0%
9. Kate Winslet..........3.9%
10. Nicole Scherzinger..........3.8%

I like the results of this poll, but then I'm probably prejudiced. I've always thought Helen Mirren was a beautiful and talented woman. And as an older person myself, I like the idea of a woman in her mid-sixties being considered to have the hottest body.

I'd be interested to know what you readers think. Can an older woman have the hottest body, or is that something only reserved for young women?

4 comments:

  1. The older I get, the better the "granny" demographic looks, and the less appealing the opposite end of the spectrum gets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thurman,

    I couldn't have said it better myself! My wife is one year shy of her 60th birthday, and she's never been more beautiful.

    I really feel sorry for older guys who are still looking for that perfect 18-year-old, trying in vain to recapture their youth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife is 53 and hot!! Not only do I think so but so do many other guys. I notice them checking her out when we are out and even notice a couple of them trying to flirt with her when we were at a party. She takes great care of herself and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. take that you skinny bitches..go Helen.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.