Thursday, April 26, 2012
Is Wall Street Willie More Dangerous Than George W. Bush ?
But here's a scary thought. Think Progress has come up with eight reasons why Willard Mitt Romney (aka Wall Street Willie) might be even worse than Bush if he became president. Here are the reasons they give for believing Romney is more right-wing (and therefore more dangerous) than Bush:
1. Bush passed a huge tax cut plan, mostly benefiting the wealthy. Romney’s tax cut plan is four times larger, more heavily weighted to benefit ultra wealthy.
2. Bush signed the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law. Romney supports repealing virtually all campaign finance laws.
3. Bush supported comprehesive immigration reform, a path to citizenship for 12 million undocumented immigrants and provisions of the DREAM Act. Romney opposes all of it.
4. Bush enacted a historic expansion of Medicare. Romney wants to end Medicare as we know it.
5. Bush signed a substantial increase to the minimum wage. Romney opposes increasing the minimum wage.
6. Bush created higher fuel efficiency standards. Romney says even current standards are too high.
7. Bush acknowledged global warming is caused by humans. Romney says “we don’t know.”
8. Bush lauched one of the biggest land conservation programs in U.S. history. Romney says the federal government owns too much land.