Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Madeleine Albright -- Truth Teller

Many people have tried to say that a Romney presidency would be bad for the women of America (including me), but none have said it as plainly and succinctly as former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright. This is what she told The Huffington Post in an interview last Monday in Charlotte:


"I'm not sure I'm going to state this exactly right. But I think there are some who believe they are actually protecting women, you know, and that it is better for women to be taken care of. I think women want to take care of themselves, and I think having a voice in how that is done is very important. And frankly, I don’t understand -- I mean, I'm obviously a card-carrying Democrat -- but I can't understand why any woman would want to vote for Mitt Romney, except maybe Mrs. Romney."
She then had this to say about Rep. Todd Akin's rape comment:

"It was appalling and disgusting. But if I may say so, the things that he said in one form or another are in the Republican platform. So [while Republicans are] saying he is a nutcase and they have to move away from him, they did not move away from their platform."

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.