Sunday, March 10, 2013

Children's Bible Myths

Another bit of humor from The Atheist Pig. It reminds me of the Bible stories I was taught as a child in a fundamentalist church -- things like Jesus valuing children of all colors equally, loving your neighbor as yourself, not judging other people, how hard it would be for a rich man to enter Heaven, and how helping the less fortunate was like helping Jesus. Imagine my surprise when I grew up and found out that same fundamentalist church taught the opposite of those things to their adult followers. Then they couldn't understand why I stopped believing in their myths.

1 comment:

  1. The focus totally shifted. The fundies I talk to now preach that salvation is through accepting Jesus as your personal lord and savior. Good works don't cut it. I don't know if they even matter anymore.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.