Thursday, August 14, 2014

Who's Smarter - Men Or Women & Does It Matter ?


The pie chart above is reflective of the information in a recent Rasmussen Poll (taken on August 7th and 8th of a random national sample of 1,000 adults, with a margin of error of 3 points).

I don't bring you this poll because I think it has any meaning -- but because I found it humorous that after asking this silly question, the poll didn't get a definitive answer from the public. Equal amounts (31%) said either men or women were smarter, while a plurality of 38% said they didn't know (or didn't care).

This questions has been debated for a long time, by supposedly intelligent people on both sides. I gal in that 38% who just don't know (or care). I have known incredibly smart women and incredibly dumb women -- and I can say the same about the men I'vs known. And frankly, I don't see the value in trying to elevate either gender above the other (in any way). Our time would be much better spent trying to assure the equality of all Americans.

2 comments:

  1. Can't we all just get along? There is too much division along social, political, and economic lines in our country and the world now. We don't need a war between the sexes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have proof men are smarter.... ;-}
    In the 1400's MEN (french ones) invented high heel shoes and boots. It was a real craze (went as high as 18") until the the number of broken or twisted painful ankles and knees became rather large. They also hurt their feet and legs. They soon stopped using them. And who still kill their feet and ankles wearing the silly things???
    As a side note...My wife and Daughter DO NOT wear them and NEVER wear stilettos, Oh! and I don't either.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.