Thursday, November 06, 2014

Eating Crow

(This image is from the website TV By The Numbers.)

My lunch today was crow, and I eat it without the benefit of salt or pepper (or salsa)!

I was wrong about how I thought the election would turn out -- very wrong!

I thought the Democrats would make inroads in the House of Representatives, and maybe even flip the House. I was wrong.

I thought the Democrats would retain control of the Senate. I was wrong.

I thought the Democrats and Independents had learned their lesson from the 2010 election, and they would show up at the polls to prevent teabagger majorities. I was wrong.

I thought the general public understood that the recent (and ongoing) economic disaster was primarily due to the "trickle-down" economic policies imposed by the Republicans. I was wrong.

I thought the American people understood that the Republicans were responsible for the corporate exporting of American jobs by giving corporations a tax break to send jobs overseas. I was wrong.

I thought the people understood it was the Republicans that were blocking a minimum wage raise. I was wrong.

I thought the public understood this was a very important election, and would vote in large numbers. I was wrong.

DAMN! Crow tastes nasty!

3 comments:

  1. Well and bravely said, Ted, and it's nice for me to have company in the 'Boy, I got that forecast wrong' corral. Anyway, console yourself, the GOP can usually be relied on to drop their 'bowl of cherries' in the political dust. For a start they will soon set about tearing each other to pieces as they try to pick a candidate for 2016. It should be Gov. Walker by a mile but Karl Rove will do his best to stick his pudgy fingers in the pie and ruin it.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.