Saturday, August 08, 2015

Will The Recent Debate Changes These Poll Results ?



These numbers are from the newest national YouGov Poll. It was done between July 31st and August 4th of about 400 registered Republican voters (and about an equal number of registered Democrats). No margin of error was given for just Republicans (or just Democrats) -- although the results mirrors what has been reported by numerous other polls.

There is one word of caution I give you about this Republican poll -- it was done before the Republicans debated on Thursday night. Will that debate change how Republicans view their candidates? We'll just have to wait to see, but I think it could.

The survey's results for Democratic voters is shown below.



2 comments:

  1. I wonder if the debate won't cause Scott Walker's numbers to go down. From what I hear, he was kind of boring. But I have a very hard time seeing the debate hurting Trump. Given that he didn't go down in flames after Fox News clearly went gunning for him, I think it strengthens him. But Jonathan Chait wrote something interesting: that the Republican effort to force Trump out might work and they may come to regret it. Hell hath no fury like a narcissist scorned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, I don't see Trump fading -- but he may have topped out in support. I think he scared the hell out of Republican leaders Thursday night when he refused to say he wouldn't run as an independent. He couldn't win, but he could do serious damage to GOP hopes.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.