Saturday, January 28, 2017

Comments

Here is an example of some of the comments I get on this blog:

I remember a certain overt hypocrite named Ted Wants A Secret (And Authoritarian) Democratic Party too. Kill yourself, what is taking so long you piece of shit coward? That is the best thing you can do since you divided progressives with your self serving BULLSHIT and show you have no conscience or soul TO YOUR OWN SHORT-SIGHTED POLITICAL HACKERY. And you still try to act like you KNOW what the fuck is going on and what people need to hear. DIE SCUMBAG HORRIBLY AND PAINFULLY. You deserve nothing less you sorry excuse for a human. 

PATHOLOGICAL.....while true of trump VERY TRUE OF TED McLAUGHLIN. PERFECT example as a matter of fact. YET YOU ARE FAR TOO STUPID TO EVER REALIZE IT YOURSELF. And far FAR too arrogant to ever take heed from anyone especially online.....as you expect the world to do so to you from your so FULL OF SHIT soapbox any loser with free time, a computer, and no life does. 

Texas should, this from the political hack who said Texas might be blue for November 2016 election SHOWING YOU SELDOM LEAVE YOUR APARTMENT, KNOW VERY FEW PEOPLE, ARE FAR TOO ARROGANT TO BOTHER ACTUALLY ASKING BEFORE ASSUMING INCORRECTLY, THEN POSTING IT TO PROGRESSIVES MANIPULATING THEM INTO A PHONY COMFORT ZONE THAT AFFECTS ELECTIONS. Seriously die. 

You might think these are from a right-wing trumpista troll. Not True. They are from a California supporter of Bernie Sanders. They started during the primaries because he(?) was upset that I supported the nomination of Hillary Clinton -- and he has continued them for months (even though I delete them and none appear in the comments section).

I admit that I was a bit naive before the last campaign. I had thought that progressives were on a higher plane than the teabagger types on the right, and that progressives could disagree without stooping to insults and threats. I guess I was wrong. It seems that some progressives simply can't understand someone not agreeing with everything they say (or that their favorite candidate says) -- and they're perfectly willing to resort to teabagger tactics to enforce their views.

Progressives are normally thinking people, and thinking people will disagree from time to time. I think that is our strength. We don't get our views from the top. We develop them ourselves and discuss them among ourselves. Sadly though, there are some among us who would apply a "purity" test to progressivism and to the Democratic Party. They would do to us what the teabaggers have done to the Republican Party -- turn us into rigid, unthinking, extremists.

Aren't we better than that?

2 comments:

  1. What you describe here is far from isolated. I've been similarly surprised since the primaries at the level of proud irrationality on the left. I've long recognized that those of us on the left were prone to the same sort of errors as those on the right, but I used to think that we generally tried to avoid them to some degree. This election, from the early days of the primaries up to the present time, has certainly called that into question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had two people that were veral about their views on my views..one was sorta nice and we had conversations.. he send me an email thanking me for letting him voice his opinion without kicking him out which my friends wanted me to do..found out his wife was ill and send good wishes and said I'd ask the Goddess to keep her in her heart..now we're friends...the other was a female who when I tried to talk to her got batshit and I said fuck it and deleted her comments..so I've been lucky..then theirs bbc or bccb or what ever the fuck his initials are who is just plum nuts..ha

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.