Friday, September 06, 2019

PolitiFact Says Trump Lies About 85% Of The Time


We know that the truth means nothing to Donald Trump. He lies repeatedly -- about 13 times each day on average. He has told over 12,000 lies since being sworn into office according to The Washington Post fact-checkers.

It makes us wonder -- does Trump ever tell the truth? Surprisingly, he does -- but only about 15% of the time. PolitiFact has checked hundreds of statements made by Donald Trump. According to them, his statements were true about 4% of the time, and mostly true about 11%.

I'm willing to give him the mostly trues (since I'm in a generous mood), but I can't do the same with the half-truths. A half-truth is just a lies dressed in prettier clothes, and cannot be accepted as a fact (even an "alternative fact").

That means that Trump is lying with about 85% of his statements. That's pretty bad. But I'll admit I thought it would have been much closer to 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.