Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Americans Don't Trust Most People On Being Vaccinated

 

I am going to continue to wear my mask in stores and other places where the general public goes. Why? because I simply don't trust people I don't know to be honest about whether they have been vaccinated or not. And that would be true even in a large crowd if everyone had to show their vaccination cards (because there has already been instances of fake vaccination cards being sold).

You might say that doesn't show much faith in my fellow citizens. You would be right. But why should I trust everyone when some of them wouldn't even wear a mask (which is much easier to do than get vaccinated). 

I'm not alone. Note the results of the chart above. It shows the results of a new Axios / Ipsos Poll -- done between May 21st and 24th of a national sample of 1,102 adults, with a 3.2 point margin of error.

Most people (88%) trust their family and close friends. And a significant number (71%) also trust their coworkers. But it falls way off after those two groups. Far less than a majority trust anyone else, especially people they don't know.

It's one thing to believe you don't need a mask around people who have been fully vaccinated. It quite another thing to trust others to be truthful about being vaccinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.