Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chronicle Improves Its Web Site


I must confess that I'm a news junkie, especially on the internet. Each day, I scan multiple Texas, national and international web sites to catch up on what's happening in the world. The news business is changing fast, and most news sources have found that they must have a presence on the internet.

Although I live all the way across the state, one of my favorite sites on the internet is the site offered by the Houston Chronicle. As Texas newspapers go, the Chronicle site (chron.com) is one of the better ones.

When I clicked on the Chronicle site today, I got a little surprise. They have redesigned their site. I like the re-design. The site is more pleasing to the eye than the old site was, and is easier to read. The old site had sort of a cramped feeling, but the new site doesn't.

That is surprising because the headlines are in a larger and bolder print. They have also changed the color of the headlines to a more pleasing blue color. But even though the new site seems to be less crowded and has larger headlines, they actually seem to have included more stories on the page.

Good job, Chronicle. The new site is a definite improvement.

Another one of my favorites, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, has a blurb on their front page saying they are also in the process of re-designing their web site. The new site is supposed to be unveiled in a few days, and I'm looking forward to it. I hope they do as well as the Chronicle did.

Now I just wish my current hometown newspaper, the Amarillo Globe News, would do something about their web site. Their problem is not one of layout though, but a lack of unbiased and readable content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.