Saturday, October 09, 2010

A Pledge I'm Willing Take

The Republicans revealed their "pledge to America" the other day.   It was over 60 pages of utter nonsense that no one with half a brain would feel comfortable with.   But the other day the inimitable Helen from one of my favorite blogs, Margaret and Helen, came up with a pledge that makes imminent sense.   It's a pledge that I would feel very comfortable taking.   Here is Helen's pledge:

I pledge that I will actually read the Constitution before pledging to uphold it.  And I pledge that if I am too stupid to understand its intent,  I won’t become a politician.


I pledge not to start two wars, give tax breaks to millionaires, ruin the economy and then get mad when someone shows me the bill.


I pledge not to be a hypocrite or a Tea Party Republican – whichever comes first.


I pledge to remember that religious freedoms apply to all religions including the lack of a religion.  And I pledge to remember that no matter how much I believe in my religion, I will remember that my neighbor believes in his religion just as much.  And finally, I pledge that if I believe in my religion too much I will keep it to myself.


I pledge to stop calling Sarah Palin a stupid bitch when she finally admits that she is too stupid to run this country.  At that point I will simply call her a bitch and let the stupid speak for itself.


I pledge that I won’t hate gay people in public and then sleep with them in private.


I pledge to accept the fact that John McCain really can’t pull his head out of his ass at this point.  It’s in too deep.


I pledge not to be shocked when Rick Sanchez announces his new show on Fox News.



I pledge to remember that there are 6 billion people in the world and only 300 million of them live in the United States .  And with 300 million Americans to choose from, we can’t do better than John Boehner?  Really?
I pledge that I will vote on November 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.