Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Americans Want An End To Afghan War

Readers of this blog will know that I am opposed to the war in Afghanistan. That is because I don't believe the goals of that war can be accomplished (elimination of the Taliban and terrorist activity in that area) -- no matter how long we continue to occupy that country. Several polls in the last few months have shown that a large and growing majority of the American people agree with me -- that the war should be ended as soon as possible.

That view has now been verified by a new poll. The recently released Rasmussen Poll says that two-thirds of Americans want the war over by summer of 2013, while less than a quarter of the population thinks the war should continue past that point. Here are the numbers:

AFGHAN WAR SHOULD END BY MIDDLE OF 2013
Yes...............67%
No...............22%
Not sure...............11%

1 comment:

  1. If it were up to me, I'd say everybody out immediately. I'd also close Guantanamo now, I'd begin the process this very day.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.