Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Support For GOP Candidates Before And After The Debate


The other day I brought you a view on who Republican voters thought won or lost the recent GOP debate. Now a poll has been released showing support for each candidate before and after that debate. It is the NBC Poll (done online of 1,591 national Republican primary voters just before and just after the debate, with a margin of error of 3.4 points).

According to this survey, the candidates that did themselves the most good in the debate are Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, and Carly Fiorina (even though she was relegated to the second-tier candidate debate). Cruz extend his support by 7 points, Fiorina by 6 points, and Carson by 3 points. The biggest losers were Jeb Bush and Scott Walker, who each dropped by 3 points in support. All of the other candidates generally polled the same before and after the debate (including race leader Donald Trump).

It's still early, and there will be several more debates, but I thought these results were interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating. I can't see Ted Cruz without wanting to slap him. I can't think of any politician ever who exudes so much arrogance. I'd much rather have Trump as president than him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Cruz just looks sleazy (and I would never buy a used car from him). I don't understand why he has any support at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i see cruz i think; sitting on a park bench, eyeing little girls with bad intent. snot is running down his nose, greasy finger smearing shabby clothes

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.