Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Sanders Endorses Biden - Urges Voters To Elect Him


Senator Bernie Sanders didn't repeat his mistake of 2016. On Monday, he appeared on a Biden virtual campaign event and gave him his endorsement for president. He said:

“Today I am asking all Americans. I’m asking every Democrat, I’m asking every independent, I’m asking a lot of Republicans to come together in this campaign to support your candidacy, which I endorse, to make certain that we defeat somebody who I believe, and I'm speaking just for myself, now is the most dangerous president in the modern history of this country."

“We’ve got to make Trump a one-term president, and we need you in the White House." 

“I will do all that I can to see that that happens. It's imperative that all of us work together to do what has to be done. Not only in this moment, but beyond this moment in the future of this country."

--------------------------------------

It probably doesn't matter much anymore, since the Democrats seem to have their presidential nominee (Joe Biden), but the state of Wisconsin released the vote totals on Monday from last weeks primary. Here's how it came out (with 95% of the votes counted).

Joe Biden..............63.4%
Bernie Sanders...............31.3%

At the same time as the primary, there was also an election for a slot on the Wisconsin Supreme Court. It was expected that the far-right candidate, Daniel Kelly (backed by Donald Trump), would win a slim victory over liberal Jill Karofsky. But Wisconsin voters had a different idea. They elected Karofsky (54% to 46%).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.