In the 2024 election, Independents pretty closely split down the middle - allowing Trump and the Republicans to eke out a win. But if the polls are correct, that's not going to happen in 2026.
Most pundits think this will be an election on either affordability (the economy) or a referendum on Donald Trump. I think it will be a bit of both. And that's good news for Democrats. As the charts below show (from the Economist/YouGov Poll), Independents are not happy with the job Trump is doing, and they are just as unhappy with the economy.
If these numbers are anywhere close to correct (and I think they are), then Democrats should do very well in November.


.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.