Monday, January 20, 2014

Poetry

Regular readers of this blog (and amazingly, there are some) will know that I am a fan of the poetry of my friend Brian McLaughlin (who blogs at Beej's Poetry Corner).

Brian (pictured at left) has a new poem -- and I think it's well worth reposting here. He calls it "Where Art Thou Philadelphia". It is about the dying of civility in this country.

Here is the new poem:

This day
filled with poison
has mounted it's attack
bruising my inner most being
my spirit has been poured out and withers
my soul now parched as the desert
my heart broken, calling
for an end to
this day

An end
is what we need
to this social disease
civility has lost its way
respect has become a thing of the past
WHERE ART THOU PHILADELPHIA
the love of our brother
today came to
an end

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.