Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Davis Gives In And Will Allow Licenses To Be Issued


This is certainly not going to make the bigots happy who were celebrating Kentucky County Clerk, Kim Davis, as some kind of hero. It seems that the few days she spent in jail have had the desired effect, and she wants no more of it. She's still whining about her "religious rights", but she now says her office will follow the law -- and issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Here is what she had to say before returning to work on Monday:

“I am here before you this morning as I return to work to say that I love my lord Jesus, I love all people and I love my job. I want to continue to serve all three as I have tried to do until now. Since January of this year, I have been asking Gov. Beshear, the Kentucky legislature, and more recently, Judge Bunning, for one simple thing: an accommodation for my religious beliefs regarding marriage that would allow me to serve the citizens of Rowan County without violating my conscience." 


"I love my deputy clerks, and I hate that they have been caught in the middle. If any of them feels that they must issue an unauthorized license to avoid being thrown in jail I understand their tough choice, and I will take no action against them. However, any unauthorized license that they issue will not have my name, my title or my authority on it. Instead, the license will state that they are issued pursuant to a federal court order."


-------------------------------------------------------------

And there's also good news for those who were afraid that many counties in Texas would not comply with the law, and issue same-sex marriage licenses. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that about 2,500 same-sex marriage licenses have been issued statewide in Texas since the Supreme Court decision (about 5.7% of all licenses issued). And they quote Carrie Williams of the Texas Department of State Health Services as saying:

“We have not heard of any county clerks not issuing licenses to same-sex couples. They all have the new version of the marriage license application.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article35078190.html#storylink=cpy

2 comments:

  1. And she is still a piece o'Schite that should be fired! Or forced to DO HER JOB!!! The hypocritical bigoted Ahole!!! If I decided to not follow the law and robbed banks I would be jailed, why is she free??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. still want to see her in orange...

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.