Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kay Can't Make Her Mind Up


I've always heard that it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind, but Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison is taking that right to a ridiculous level. She keeps saying she's going to resign from the United States Senate to devote all her time to the governor's race, but nobody knows (including her) when that might be.

For quite a while now, it's been common knowledge that she's a candidate for governor in the 2010 Republican primary. She's running against incumbent Rick Perry.

For a while, she left people to speculate whether she would resign from the Senate or not before the 2010 primary. But then last July, she appeared on the right-wing radio show of Mark Davis in Dallas and said she would be resigning in October or November. She would then devote her full effort to the governor's race.

Taking her at her word, several candidates from both parties declared their candidacy for her senate seat. Now it looks like they may have jumped the gun. Hutchison seems to be again having trouble deciding when she'll resign, or maybe even if she'll resign.

Hutchison was on Davis' radio show again Tuesday morning, and when asked when she might leave she said, "I am going to leave. I think it's important that I do everything I can when there are such huge issues and I haven't been able to set that deadline which I know is something a lot of people are looking at to determine what other possibilities there might be."

Will she wait until the end of the year to resign? She said, "I can't say anything right now because I don't know. Every day in Washington, some new bad thing is coming up."

Will she keep her senate seat until the 2010 primary? She said, "Well a lot of people are suggesting that. That's not what I want to do. That's not what I intend to do...but right now I just want to see what comes next."

Good grief Kay! Make up your mind! Are you going to be this wishy-washy and indecisive if elected governor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.