Friday, March 08, 2013

Most Popular Vehicles To Steal In Texas

The sign in the image above might keep your car from being broken into or stolen -- but I doubt it. Car thieves pick on easy targets, and rarely care about the financial situation of the owner of their target car. Believe me. Back in 2005, I was driving a junker that couldn't have been worth more than $1500 - $2000, and I was carjacked for it.

However, there are some vehicles that are more popular with thieves than others. The Texas Auto Burglary and Theft Prevention Authority has released the following list of the most popular cars stolen in Texas in 2011. They got their figures from the Texas Department of Public Safety (commonly called the Highway Patrol). If you own one of these, you might want to take extra care.


1. Ford pickup
2. Chevrolet pickup
3. Dodge pickup
4. Honda Civic
5. Chevrolet Tahoe
6. Honda Accord
7. GMC pickup
8. Chevrolet Impala
9. Toyota Camry
10. Ford Taurus

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/03/07/4667597/top-10-stolen-vehicles-in-texas.html#storylink=cpy

1 comment:

  1. Once I was driving through West Texas and pulled off of I-10 into one of those little towns alongside it, the kind where I-10 bypassed Main Street and you get off at one end of Main Street and get back onto I-10 at the other end of Main Street. So it's a Saturday evening in West Texas. It felt like I was in a friggin' canyon, all I could see on any side of my tiny Kia was the slab side of a pickup truck or the grill of a pickup truck or the tailgate of a pickup truck as every shitkicker from a hundred miles around came to town to parade up and down Main Street in their pickup truck because, apparently, cruising Main Street in their pickup truck is their idea of a fun Saturday Night.

    Why am I not surprised that the top three vehicles stolen in Texas are all pickup trucks? I doubt there's even any cars out there TO steal -- just pick up trucks!

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.