Friday, September 06, 2013

The Public's View Of Texas

The information in the chart above is not quite two years old -- coming from a Public Policy Polling survey in October of 2011. But the state of Texas hasn't changed much in that time, and I doubt that people's views of the state have either. I don't have much to say about it, since none of the attitudes expressed by any of the groups really surprised me. My personal view as a native Texan (who still lives in the state) is that Texas is a strange mix of wonderful and horrible. It has a lot of natural beauty and many kind and generous people -- but it also has a harsh climate and many bigoted, greedy, and self-righteous people. I guess most places are like that, but Texas just seems more so.

1 comment:

  1. ...and some more famous Texans make the state take front and center in the circus, like GW Bush, Ted Cruz, John Cornyn, Louie Gohmert, Jeb Hensarling, Ted Poe, etc.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. And neither will racist,homophobic, or misogynistic comments. I do not mind if you disagree, but make your case in a decent manner.