* The Las Vegas shooter shot nearly 600 people (killing nearly 5 dozen) at a range of over 400 yards in only 9 minutes.
* There are enough guns owned in the United States for every man, woman, and child to have one -- yet only 30% of the population actually owns a gun.
* There are more than 30,000 gun deaths every year in the U.S., and 12,000 of them are homicides (about 1,000 each month) -- far more than in any other developed nation.
* U.S. courts have decided that reasonable restrictions on guns are not a violation of the Second Amendment -- and that includes the banning of assault rifles.
* A majority of Americans (57% to 61%) support stricter gun control laws -- and a whopping 80% to 90% support closing the loopholes in the background checks for those purchasing a gun.
* About 40% of the guns sold in the U.S. each year are sold without any background check.
* There is an average of one mass shooting (where 4 or more people are shot) every day in the United States.
* About 80% of mass shooters used guns they obtained legally.
* Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed with a gun than citizens of other developed nations.